Many colleges and universities provide a campus recreation center, or even multiple centers, depending on the size of the campus. At each center, students and faculty need lockers to store their books and other belongings while they participate in the activities the center offers.
Deciding between plastic or metal lockers for your locker rooms? Well, depending on where you are putting the lockers is key to what type of locker to choose. Here are 3 tips to help decide which locker is best for your location:
When high school lockers need repairing, it’s best to hire a company that specializes in locker repair. In fact, working with a professional locker maintenance and repair provider, your high school lockers can be looked after year-round, including combination changing for each new school year.
If the paint on your school or club gym lockers is flaking, peeling, or chipping, they need a refurbishment. Even if the paint has just grown dull and worn-looking with age, a locker refurbishment can breathe new life into the locker room.
If you manage school lockers, you know that every year you need to change all the lock combinations so returning students won’t know the combinations. You also need to change combinations periodically during a school year when lockers change hands or if a combination gets out to students other than the user.
School lockers with paint that’s peeling, chipping, or flaking need to be repainted to protect the metal and to improve appearance. Even if the paint is just fading, repainting can rejuvenate your lockers. The improvement in atmosphere created by freshly painted lockers is usually striking.
Theft in locker rooms is a crime of opportunity. Therefore, security is a major consideration when designing and outfitting school locker rooms.
Anytime you have metal high school lockers in close proximity to a pool, showers or sauna, you are exposing them to high humidity. The air is moist, and the lockers themselves are often used for wet swimsuits, towels, etc.
When designing or renovating a locker room for a health club, you must first determine how many fitness lockers you need. Figure out the maximum number of people who could be using the club at any time, being sure to account for all activity areas.
A school’s success on the football field is usually a particular point of pride for a school, so it only stands to reason that a school would want its football team to have the best resources possible—including luxurious locker rooms.
- Athletic Equipment
- Basketball Necessities
- Bathroom Accessories
- Batting Cages
- Cafeteria Furniture
- Classroom Chairs
- Exercise Equipment
- Hand Dryers
- Health and Well Being
- Healthcare Furnishings
- High School Lockers
- High School Necessities
- Locker Accessories
- Locker Rooms
- Maintenance & Safety
- Message Boards
- Operable Partitions
- Outdoor Basketball Courts
- School Auditoriums
- School Gyms
- School Necessities
- School Wellness
- Schools K-12
- Science Labs
- Stage Rigging
- Theater Drapes and Stage Curtains
- Toilet Partition
- Washroom Design
- Workplace Accessories
- Workplace Wellness
- Gym Wall Padding: Choosing the Set-Up That’s Right For You October 12, 2012
- Toilet Partitions, Washroom Design & The Law: What You Need To Know October 6, 2012
- Operable Partition Safety And You. What You Need To Know! October 3, 2012
- How to Choose a Cafeteria Table August 24, 2011
- Stage Rigging Safety, and Stage Rigging Inspections, Important Facts You Need To Know November 1, 2012
- Designing a High School Science Lab February 12, 2013
- Getting The Best Lockers For Your Campus Recreation Center December 2, 2012
- 3 Reasons To Buy Ballara Seating For Any Campus November 25, 2012
- 3 Signs You Need To Replace Your Window Coverings Now! November 19, 2012
- Top 3 Choices For University Lockers November 8, 2012